Topic: Madiface XT

Hi -
I have a dual redundant Madiface XT system on a large musical, with two 2012 Mac Pros with an external Wordclock, and I had an audio dropout last night that lasted about 1.5 seconds..

Buffer size is all good. SSD drives, and I'm forcing the Madiface to work in USB2 mode rather than it Auto selecting.
Wordclock termination is ticked in RME prefs. I'm running Ableton at 48K.

Any ideas as to why I might have got this audio dropout?

Paul

2 (edited by ramses 2019-10-05 15:49:27)

Re: Madiface XT

> Buffer size is all good

Why you say "is all good" ? If all would have been good, then you wouldn't have had an outage ;-)

- which settings did you use for buffersize ?
- how many tracks were you recording ?
- what was the CPU load on your systems ?

For something like a support case its always good to mention:
- RME driver version
- XT firmware version
- Mac OS X version

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi Ramses,

Thanks for the response.

I'm running 16 stereo tracks (so 32)
Buffer size is 256
Mac OS is 10.12.6
RME driver is 3.18
I'm running Ableton and the Ableton CPU load is at 10% (No plugins just plain audio tracks at 48K)

I'm wondering if the word clock input may have stopped looking at the word clock momentarily? It's a drawmer wordclock.

Not entirely sure of the XT Firmware. That's something to check.

When recording I would choose higher buffer sizes to be on the save side.
Because when recording then low latency is not required.
All that you want is to have savety should the computer have an issue based on "whatever sh** can happen".
If you would use Windows, then I would suppgest to use global record for recording.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13