Topic: Hdspe AIO + Raydat on the same PC ?

Hello,

I wanted to know whether it was possible for both the Raydat and the Hdspe AIO to coexist in the same system?

And whether there are any advantages for doing so?

Let me explain:

I currently have a Hdspe AIO which I'm very happy with but now that I've gotten into hardware synths and effects, I'm starting to need a lot more inputs/outputs.

After doing a lot of reasearch, it seems that the most cost effective way to add more inputs/outputs is to get an ADAT expander and connect it to the audio interface via ADAT.

The problem is that the AIO only has one ADAT port, hence I'm out of options past the extra 8 ins/outs on an ADAT expander.

I now see that the RME Raydat offers 4 ADAT slots, so I could potentially connect 4 ADAT expanders to the Audio interface (so 32 ins/outs), which is more than I would ever need, at a reasonable cost.

If I decide to get the RME Raydat, should I get rid of my HDSPE AIO and to sell it off? Or is there any value in having both in the same system? Can they even coexist?

Thanks in advance for the clarification,

Cheers,

Re: Hdspe AIO + Raydat on the same PC ?

All these cards use the same RME ASIO driver "driver_hdsp_win_429.zip"
HDSP/HDSPe MADI, AES, RayDAT, 9632, 9652, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM

You need to
- clock sync both cards
- ensure that both cards use the same ASIO buffer size

You operate the cards then with i.e. separate TM FX instances, one per card.
You can only route channels inside of one TM FX instance / card not across cards.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

All these cards use the same RME ASIO driver "driver_hdsp_win_429.zip"
HDSP/HDSPe MADI, AES, RayDAT, 9632, 9652, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM

You need to
- clock sync both cards
- ensure that both cards use the same ASIO buffer size

You operate the cards then with i.e. separate TM FX instances, one per card.
You can only route channels inside of one TM FX instance / card not across cards.

Thanks for the info !

In order to clock sync both devices, can I do it internally? Or do I need to connect one card to the other through an ADAT cable to sync them ?

4 (edited by ramses 2019-10-08 09:26:40)

See manual in terms of SYNC IN and SYNC OUT on both cards.

The new webserver contains High Resolution pictures from the products where you can detect much easier
the location of internal connectors.

You can sync internally but I am not 100% sure whether this is an extra digital link simply to sync or whether it
replaces then the external cabling for i.e. ADAT or SPDIF.

Don't have the time now to read the manual closely, maybe you do, use Adobe Acrobats search function.

AIO

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8k65rieiowpbc0/2019-10-08%2010_20_50-RME_HDSPe_AIO_Top.png%20-%20Windows-Fotoanzeige.jpg?dl=1

RayDAT

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sc0h5uri2c7v4v/2019-10-08%2010_22_10-RME_HDSPe_RayDAT_Top.png%20-%20Windows-Fotoanzeige.jpg?dl=1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I'm such a newbie I had no idea they could be synced internally through a cable! That's great!

Thanks for the quick replies smile