Topic: Madiface Xt Analog Output problems

Hello. I have a problem with the analog outputs of my Madiface xt. it starts cracking and popping, and the overall volume drops dramatically. Even if I restart the system, i might get rid of the cracks but the volume stays low. The phones output is woking correctly. No cracks or volume drop.

I testes this on 3 mac systems and I get the same problem.

A macbook pro 15 inch 2015 running El Capitan with the latest Rme Drivers available .
A macbook Pro 13 inch 2015 running High Siera with the latest Rme Drivers available.
An Imac running High Siera with the latest Rme Drivers available.

I tried Reinstalling the drivers several times...

Have you ever had this kind  of problems?
Please help. Thanks!

Re: Madiface Xt Analog Output problems

Can you try a different external PSU?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2019-10-11 00:41:57)

If what Jeff suggested does not work, there are some things you can check, just for ruling them out at least. So:

1. Perhaps the cables to your monitors are broken? Did you try different cables?
2. Are your monitors ok? Did you try them with another audio interface or something you can connect them directly to?
3. If you have other connections(MADI, Word Clock etc), did you check with them disconnected?
4. Did anything got spilt on the interface by accident?(water, beer, anything in liquid form)

It also seems to me, that the volume potentiometer needs cleaning? Or a loose connection? Did you accidentally drop it?
Was it working before? Or did you purchase it faulty?

These are the first things that come to mind, so after you check these perhaps we can narrow it down!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Hey guys, just like to report the same problem. The above description of the problem is exactly what I am also experiencing.

Will test the power supply fix...

I have the same problem. I ordered a new psu and I really hope that's the solution. So glad I found this thread as this problem was driving me nuts.

Nuendo 12.0.40, RME Madiface XT, MacMini 2018, 3.2ghz 6 core i7, 32gb ram, Monterey 12.5.

Just to follow up: I replaced the psu, but the problem didn't go away. I contacted support but didn't get any reply so far. I guess it's a hardware problem.

Nuendo 12.0.40, RME Madiface XT, MacMini 2018, 3.2ghz 6 core i7, 32gb ram, Monterey 12.5.