1 (edited by go2ldook 2019-10-17 00:46:31)

Topic: No MIDI data with Babyface Pro

First time use with Babyface Pro. I have it hooked to my iPad Pro, with a separate power supply. I have sound coming in through the Camera Kit Connector. I can record loops on Quantiloops and they output appropriately, so sound works fine. It is upadated t most recent firmware 101

My issue is MIDI: I have Bandhelper app, and when I select a song, it sends MIDI data to my various MIDI capable devices. I have connected the MIDI cable. The MIDI OUT cable on the Y connector goes to the first in the chain of my MIDI devices. I also have a MIDI IN attached as well. I have tried reversing these just in case I was crazy, but obviously that did not help. They are correctly attached. I have tried sending the MIDI signal to "all ports" from Bandhelper, as well as trying to send it spcifically to both Babyface port options 1 & 2, which show up. So yes, the app knows Babyface is connected and sees the MIDI ports.

I am at my wits end. Connected it to my PC and pulled up TotalMix and looked through it. There is an option to "Enable Standalone Midi", but it is greyed out. I could not find any options on the iPad version to enable MIDI. (BTW...I just spent $750 on this thing and I still have to pay for an iPad app??? Really???)

There is nothing otherwise wrong with my MIDI set-up. It has been working fine sending MIDI changes from Bandhelper via an iConnect MIDI device. With that device it was working whether I set the MIDI in Bandhelper to "all ports" or the specific iConnect MIDI ports.