Topic: Fireface UFX with 2 Focusrite Clarett Octopre ADAT link up issues

Hi Gang!
I'm using a Fireface UFX with a pair of Focusrite Claretts connected to ADAT, but for some reason can't get audio out of the Claretts.
I can get Audio in O.K. as I have my desk's record bus connected to the second Clarret which records O.K.
I'm using Logic as my DAW, and although it shows I have 30 output channels available, I can only get audio out of the first 8 of my UFX. If I select any of the other outputs I can see the signal on the front panel of the UFX (in the ADAT section), but no corresponding flashing lights (or sound) on the Clarrets (incidentally, the input does flash on the Clarret and the corresponding ADAT input channel on the UFX when I record).
Everything seems to be working in Totalmix as well (which is usually the place I find myself tripping myself up with this kind of thing). I can see the channels pumping, and turned up, but still nothing on the Claretts.
I can't for the life of me work out what's going wrong, anyone got any suggestions?.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Fireface UFX with 2 Focusrite Clarett Octopre ADAT link up issues

1. ADAT out is set to SPDIF

2. Wrong routing in TM FX. You did not clearly mention that the ADAT hardware outputs show levels.

3. Cheap Logic version limited to 8 channels (not sure that still exists)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,
Thanks for your quick response.

1. In the Fireface USB settings ADAT 2 was set to ADAT Output, after reading your response, I tried switching it to SPDIF (although I think your reply meant that it wouldn't work in SPDIF mode), anyway, same problem in each setting.

2. In Logic I'm selecting audio to come out of channels 9/10, and in TM the fader for 9/10 is raised, and is routed to ADAT 1/2, which is also raised, and showing signal (for some reason, probably me mucking about with things trying to get this fixed, 9/10 also has a tick next to ADAT 13/14, and 15/16, and seems to also send signal there, and those outputs have the fader up, and shows it should be transmitting signal).

3. I'm using Logic 9.1.8 on an Early 2009 Mac running OS 10.8.4

So think that eliminates those possible problems. I did once have his working, so really not sure what's happened to make it stop..

Plug the ADAT cable back in as loop and check the input signal in TM FX and Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthius,
Thanks again for your response.
I put the optical cable as a loop, and the ADAT input and output flashed away as expected in Totalmix. Not sure what to look for in Settings, can't say I'm familiar with that page, so not sure what I should have selected.