Topic: GlobalRecord: Saving/Conversion of files...

Today I recorded a gig with DC 5.0 PR2. Everything went well, but saving was a bit strange...

I recorded 18 tracks, some from the FF's conversters, some from ADAT1 and some from ADAT2. So there were a couple of channels not record enabled in GlobalRecord, e.g. also analog channels 1 and 2 were not used. I saved the file as one multichannel file...

A while later I wanted to convert it to single channel files, the FF was not connected anymore. I chose "All channels from file / Single channel files". This resulted in the creation of my 18 tracks (named "*_001 to *_018) plus a chouple of 1KB files (named "*_019" and up) - and DC crashed somewhere through the process!
Then I tried with "All active channels / Single channel files" what resulted in 18 files named after their original number, e.g. starting with file "*._003" as channels 1 and 2 were not recorded... Again, DC got unresponsive, but finished the job properly, eventually...

- I don't know what happened with the crash and the 1KB files...

- I criticise that DC gets unresponsive during saving of single files, even if it finishes the job properly in the end. But this saving might take some time and well, you can watch the files grow in Windows Explorer, but this is not very useful... A not growing progress bar is kinda lame...

- Another thing that is a bit difficult is that you can't name the channels. Only the channel numbers are not handsome at all to work with. In Totalmix you can at least have four letters as names... wink

- The options of "All channels from file / All active channels / All unmuted channels" are not of much use when DC is used without RME hardware, as you cannot listen to the file at all. Or do I just not get it?

Best,
laex

DC rules!

Re: GlobalRecord: Saving/Conversion of files...

We'll check, thanks for the detailed report.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

All (hopefully) fixed in Pre-release 3.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

awesome! thank you, matthias and rme!

DC rules!