Topic: Workspace Quick Select does nothing.

Hi,

I can't figure out how to operate 'Workspace Quick Select'.

Regardless of how I save/load settings into the available preset slots, nothing ever changes.
I have reinstalled the latest drivers and updated the unit to have the latest firmware, but no luck.

Am I missing something? How does it work for everyone else?

Saving/loading workspaces to files works as expected and is a brilliant feature.
But I would also love to have the quick select window working properly.

I am running the UFX+ over USB 2.0 on a 2012 MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6.
USB Driver 3.18.
Firmware USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42.

Appreciate any light people may be able to shed on my situation!

2 (edited by ramses 2019-10-26 11:56:47)

Re: Workspace Quick Select does nothing.

Use your saved workspace files as you want, it saves all: i.e. windows positions and routings.

Additionally you can work with snapshot files to replace routings if 8 snapshot places are not enough.

The Workspace Quick Select functionality is an additional feature that allows you to save/restore up to 30 workspaces
from "within TM FX" without having to load this stuff from a certain file on disk.

What I always do:
1. save workspace so that I can restore my setup at any time on any machine
And once I restored that on either same or new system:
2. save it to "Workspace Quick Select" slot from where I can very quickly restore

I also have an UFX+ (and additionally RayDAT) and during the last years I never had any problem
to restore the settings of all devices, either restoring by "load workspace" or "workspace quick select".

Once your settings are saved use the following option:
TM FX: F2 (Preferences) -> [ x ] Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings

Then your recording device will always be initialized with the settings stored on your PC,
not with the settings how you left it the last time when you worked with it.
This also avoids the message during login, that something changed and whether you want to keep changes, etc ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Yannick Bisson 2019-11-05 06:36:04)

@eoghantyrrell Same here, Workspace used to work, now it is broken.  I had program shortcut key to quickly change Workspaces like this... but now I cannot use it anymore.     

@Ramses  You did not read eoghantyrrell's question properly.

4 (edited by ramses 2019-11-05 07:37:32)

I referred to:
"I can't figure out how to operate 'Workspace Quick Select'"
"How does it work for everyone else?"

Good that you could validate the same behaviour on your Apple device, as you can see I do not use MacOS,
so I could not judge whether its more an operational or a technical problem.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

We tested Quick Workspace with TM FX 1.64 and 1.64 LB on a UFX, works even with ALT -number keys (fixed in version 1.62). Everything works no matter the Preferences setting ("store for all users").

So you need to give more details....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for everyone's input.

@ramses @Yannick Bisson: Yes, I could have been more direct in phrasing my issues. Thanks for the workflow tips though.

My issue is that Workspace Quick Select appears to be broken on my machine. I am unable to save/recall different routings etc.
However, loading the settings from a file works great. So I have no problems using this method going forward.

I will attempt to take a screen capture/video later this evening to illustrate.

Before you do that you should update to driver 3.18_3.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Unfortunately no luck, even with the new USB Driver update.

See below a link to the screen cast as promised:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj_cgdJ … e=youtu.be

The moment you hit 'Save current' the Workspace name must update in the title bar. It doesn't, the prior workspace file from that path stays. Check that you have access to Library/Preferences/RME TotalMix FX  All the config files including the Quick Workspace ones are (or should be) in there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have these files, but they don't exist in the preferences folder. They exist at the following locations:

• ~/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX

• Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX

Should I delete these files and perhaps attempt to do a clean reinstall of the drivers/TMFX?

Thanks

I'm also having a problem where Quick Select does nothing.

macOS 10.15.2 Catalina
Fireface UFX - Firmware v360, USB Driver: v3.18
TotalMix FX v1.64

I've tried deleting the related files located in "~/Library/Application Support" and "~/Library/Preferences" and reinstalling, but there is no change.

I did not find any files in "/HD/Library", but note I did do a complete manual uninstall of a Firewire Driver+TotalMix that was inadvertently installed instead of the USB one about a month ago. Could it be that the USB driver reinstall just never replaced all the necessary files?

12 (edited by andregriffin 2020-02-04 05:40:06)

It's easy enough to open locally saved workspaces from the "Open Recent" menu, but it would be nice to be able to restore the quick select functionality. I can't seem to find any way to have TM store and recall workspaces from it's own app settings anymore. I can name workspace slots in quick select, but saving/recalling them seems to do nothing.

It seems we found the reason for this issue. TM FX is no longer allowed to add a directory 'RME TotalMix FX' to user/library/Preferences. TM FX needs to use a different directory. We will update the app to work as it did before. A quick workaround until then is:

In Finder, click menu item 'Go To' while holding down Alt-key. 'Library' will show up in the menu as destination. In there select the directory Preferences, then manually add the directory 'RME TotalMix FX' as sub-directory. TM FX is still allowed to write files into such a directory, so it will work again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We released USB driver 3.19 with TM FX 1.65, fixing the Quick Workspace issue on latest mac OS systems.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Everything works again beautifully. Thank you!

Where can I update the new TM FX for my UFX+ (Thunderbolt)?

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/total … ac_165.zip

Full driver packages coming soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

18 (edited by jordikt 2020-09-30 21:50:56)

Hi
After updating my Fireface UFX+with the Flash Update USB release date 2020-06-09, my Workspace Quick Select list was removed.
All 30 workspaces turned to "<Empty>".
I came back to this topic and I checked the folder "RME TotalMix FX" inside /user/Library/Preferences.
The folder was there, with 30 presets inside. The 30 presets were not my workspaces.
I have reload all workspaces inside the quick list selection manually, so the problem is solved for me.
Anyway, I think you may check carefully the Workspace Quick Selection. It's a wonderful tool, but it seems it have too many bugs.
Thanks.

The firmware has no relation to the Quick Workspace functionality. More realistic is that a driver or TotalMix FX update might have caused this, especially as we added multiuser support and changed to the latest directories that Apple wants us to use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME