Topic: need help with microphone and Total fx

Hello everyone, new to the forum here.
I'm sorry, maybe there's already 40 topics about this, but I'd really like to solve this simple problem:
-when I plug a microphone into my RME UC, the incoming microphone signal is heard on the speakersright away. Even with no DAW opened. It's just there, by default, on the speakers.
From what I understand, it is a default setting, but I dont want that, I want the incoming signal to be heard only if I hit the record-ready button in Ableton Live.
Contrary to what all the adds say, Total Mix is NOT intuitive at all, and I'm having a hard time solving this simple problem.
Thanks a lot for your help fellas!

Re: need help with microphone and Total fx

This is definitely not the default, you have to create the routing for input monitoring.

Reset your TotalMix to factory default and the "problem" will be solved. Options > Reset Mix > Total Reset.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: need help with microphone and Total fx

Jeff wrote:

This is definitely not the default, you have to create the routing for input monitoring.

Reset your TotalMix to factory default and the "problem" will be solved. Options > Reset Mix > Total Reset.

Thanks a lot, indeed, problem solved. I don't know how this happened, I dont recall doing anything to create that particular routing. A friend of mine has the same problem and thought it was "default seeting" too... Anyway, at least the setup is all good now.