Topic: Babyface Pro Standalone Noise

Hey,
I use the Babyface Pro and I use it mostly wired to a macbook. But from now on I need it in Standalone Mode from time to time. It´s wired to a Caldigit hub and gets Power from there over USB even when the Mac is not connected to the HUB. If the Mac is connected everything is fine but it Standalone Mode the Second Output is full of white Noise and the Sound in general seems bad compared to normal Mode.
Is my Unit faulty or am I missing something?

Thanx

Re: Babyface Pro Standalone Noise

Noone?

I am sure it is not faulty when it works connected to your mac. Have you tried with the power supply instead of the hub?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Yes, or try a different usb from the Hub.

And also double check which Total Mix settings are saved for standalone use. I don’t know the Babyface Pro, but I guess you can save the desired settings to the hardware in Total Mix. These can differ from the routing once it’s plugged to a Computer.

You can not save TM for stand-alone mode in the BF Pro.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by creepels 2019-11-17 15:58:10)

tried everything, even an external PSU. The Problem persists. One Channel is extreme noisy in Standalone. if the Computer is connected - no Problem. A little bit frustrating.

The most obvious explanation is that you have the Mic Gain set to max and used the stand-alone mix function to send the mic input to the output that you use and hear this noise. But then the noise should be visible on both level meters, in and out. If so just set gain and mix to zero, as explained in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias, thank you very much. That was indeed the problem. Now Its fixed. Should have thought of this.