Topic: Could I use one HDSPe MADI FX or MADI work with HDSPe AES card

Hi everyone , I have a question want to get the official answer, so I post the thread.

I try to build one record system, RME's driver is more stable and  long-time supportive, I want to have MADI i/o and AESx8 i/o in one system, I check the manuals of HDSPe MADI FX,MADI, AES, see HDPSe MADI and AES cards are supported the multiple MADI FX / MADI or  multiple AES mode.

So I have one question, can I use one HDSPe MADI FX or MADI working with one HDSPe AES card together? In ASIO driver and hammerfall DSP synchronization engine, will they be  presented as one?

Hope to see your reply ,thanks!

Chris

Re: Could I use one HDSPe MADI FX or MADI work with HDSPe AES card

Hello,

the driver of the MADI FX is separate, but HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AES share the same ASIO driver.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the answer. If I choose HDSPe MADI +HDSPe AES work together, in the ASIO or Core Audio driver, could I get one combine hybrid interface with MADI channels and AES channels in one Totalmix windows ?
     Best regards!
Chris

4 (edited by ramses 2019-11-19 22:17:28)

You will always have two TM FX instances and you can't route between/across TM FX instances.
But you can route in the DAW and Apple also offers something called aggregate device maybe this helps.
Not sure whether the latency is increased and if yes by how much.

When operating this setup, you need to clock sync both interfaces and  to use the same "ASIO buffer size" (dont know how Apple calls this).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

You will always have two TM FX instances and you can't route between/across TM FX instances.
But you can route in the DAW and Apple also offers something called aggregate device maybe this helps.
Not sure whether the latency is increased and if yes by how much.

When operating this setup, you need to clock sync both interfaces and  to use the same "ASIO buffer size" (dont know how Apple calls this).

Thank you!