Topic: Device and Clock Mode Auto problem

Hi All,

If i have SETUP - Options - Device Mode set to Auto, USB input has priority over all.
If i have SETUP - Clock - Clock Source set to Auto, priority has clock from AES/EBU or other digital source except USB.
This means, that when playing from USB and the other sources are off, the clock goes from USB and the display indicates INT and all is OK.
However, when I switch on another source (eg BluRay), without playing, the clock switches to it, the display shows SPc and the USB playback stops working.
Input is USB and clock is AES or koax cinch.
It would be better for the Auto Clock source to remain INT while playing from USB.

Thank for Your answer.

Re: Device and Clock Mode Auto problem

It only stops working when the sample rates are different. You can easily fix this by using the in-built SRC, set to Auto Input, with Clock Source set to Internal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This happens even when the signal source (BluRay) is not playing. It is only turned on.

I am returning to the problem of two simultaneously connected sources (in my case USB from PC and SPDIF Coax from BluRay).
If I set everything according to your advice, I cannot set the sample rate for SRC because it is affected by the connected USB.
I think the clock source and frequency source for SRC would be better to choose according to the set mode and not according to the input signal.
For example:
USB mode: Clock = INT, SRC=OFF, Sample Rate according to USB.
AD/DA mode: Clock selectable (as is), SRC selectable (as is), Sample Rate selectable independent of USB input.
etc…
Best regards and thank You for all.
Adam