Topic: Totalmix FX Won't Launch

For the first time ever in 16 years with RME I have a software issue.

Last session was Saturday and all was fine. Away for a few days (computer off) and this morning TMFX bounces in my dock but never launches.

OSX High Sierra 10.13.6
I was on driver 3.16 Firmware v360.
Fireface UFX over USB

I try installing driver 3.18 but no change. Power cycled the UFX and no change. I trash preferences - no change and then completely uninstall RME driver - still no change.

The FireFace USB Settings Panel launches automatically so somehow driver appears to be seeing the hardware.

So while I am typing this message after not tring anything for about 5 - 10 minutes TMFX magically launches. I though about not posting this message but then though no better I do incase this is not the end of the issue.

Any thoughts kind folks?

Re: Totalmix FX Won't Launch

Quick Update.

After TMFX magically launched I tried quitting it and it hung on Quit. I tried relaunch again and it's back to the same bouncing in the dock but not launching

Further update.

After a second launch attempt I left TMFX bouncing in the dock and about 10 minutes later it fully launched.

I quit again and it quit properly. I launched again it launched in a blink like it usually does. It looks for now like I am back to 100% operational.

I would still love to know what has gone on here but am happy that for now the trouble has passed.

Hangs on start by some MIDI server/connection. Old topic, like removing ProTools plugins etc. After some timeout MIDI works again and will continue to do so, most probably up to the next reboot.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME