1 (edited by emc2recordings 2019-11-27 10:45:08)

Topic: TotalMix FX not recognizing device

I just purchased an ADI Pro 2 from a friend. I have installed the latest firmware update and drivers on my PC running WIN10.

When I right-click TotalMix FX in the taskbar and select NEW TOTALMIX WINDOW, I get the pop-up screen asking if I want MIXER VIEW or MATRIX VIEW. But there is nothing in the INITIAL DEVICE window...

When I click OK after highlighting either of my window type options, nothing happens. I can't get the TOTALMIX FX application to launch.

Am I missing something here? Why can I not get TotalMix FX to launch?

Thanks in advance, I'm happy to provide whatever information necessary to solve this problem!

Re: TotalMix FX not recognizing device

There is no TotalMix FX with the ADI-.2 Pro (or DAC). The driver is a universal family driver, you can remove TM FX and its Autostart if you desire.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ramses 2019-11-27 11:12:34)

Re: TotalMix FX not recognizing device

emc2recordings wrote:

I just purchased an ADI Pro 2 from a friend. I have installed the latest firmware update and drivers on my PC running WIN10.

When I right-click TotalMix FX in the taskbar and select NEW TOTALMIX WINDOW, I get the pop-up screen asking if I want MIXER VIEW or MATRIX VIEW. But there is nothing in the INITIAL DEVICE window...

When I click OK after highlighting either of my window type options, nothing happens. I can't get the TOTALMIX FX application to launch.

Am I missing something here? Why can I not get TotalMix FX to launch?

Thanks in advance, I'm happy to provide whatever information necessary to solve this problem!

Recording "interfaces" have TotalMix FX, but not "converter" or "mic preamps".

ADI-2 Pro is a DAC/converter type of interface.
Therefore you find it on the RME product pages categorized under "converter" not "interface".

If you need a recording interfaces then please tell your requirements.

Its very easy to combine/enhance a RME recording interfaces with the ADI-2 Pro, see my blog article:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13