Topic: UFX AES test

Hello everyone, recently the AES inputs on my RME UFX have seemed to stop working. Before I confirm this I am wondering if there is a diagnostic test I can perform to see if they are working/not working.  I've made sure they are unmuted on the RME ufx and have them set up correct in Totalmix FX.  I'm at a bit of a loss here but wouldn't be surprised if it's something small I'm missing on the settings.  Any help would be appreciated.

Re: UFX AES test

Did you maybe change AES format from professional to consumer in the driver settings ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Check the setting "AES Input", this should be set for AES, not ADAT2.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello Ramses and Jeff, thanks for the replies.  I don't believe I changed any driver settings, how would I check that?

Also Jeff, Under Hardware Diagnosis it will not allow me to select AES through the optical 2 in or optical 2 out, they are only allowing SPIF and ADAT2.  Also the AES State Pro is off and will not change when rotating the dial.  I also noticed that the lights on the front panel are lit for USB and ADAT 1 as I have a 8 channel pre connected but the AES lights do not light up.  Should they light when a hardware item is connected?  Thanks.

Thanks Jeff for your help fixing it, rookie mistake on my part.  It was that the AES input that had been switched to ADAT2 in my Fireface USB settings window.  Thanks to you both for looking into it.  Have a great holidays.  Cheers, Glen

I think we just sent emails to each other, but for anyone finding this in the future this "AES Input" setting is in the software control panel on the computer (Fireface USB Settings) not the hardware/diagnosis menu on the front panel.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.