1 (edited by darweshalassi 2019-12-26 20:49:24)

Topic: i have problem with my RME ufx+Not Detected

Hello , i just bought the RME UFX + , and i plugged it into usb3 in my Motherboard : z97-d3h
and i downloaded the latest RME totalMix Driver ..
its weird problem honestly .. when i go to the sound settings in windows .. i cant see the RME interface there its like not detected at all
but if i opened any DAW i can see it even i can listen to song via the soundCard inside the DAW when i choose it from the ASIO settings ..
but i cant hear any thing in the desktop , and there is signal in the totalmix i can see the meter

but as i said i cant see the rme in the settings
i tried to change the cable , tried to put the cable in other ports nothing seems works for me
help me please.

i have windows 10 pro 64bit
sorry for my english wink

Re: i have problem with my RME ufx+Not Detected

Windows is not aware of ASIO drivers ...
In the RME driver settings dialog (click to icon in the Windows info area, bottom/right):
- create WDM device for the I/O port to which you connected your main monitor, most likely AN 1/2.
- don't forget to select this port also in the TAB speaker (*)
(*) this creates the speaker symbol in Windows sound
Open Windows sound and select this as default sound device.
Done.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

thank you for ur reply .. but i cant open the setting for the RME .. there is no icons Bottom/right  ..
1- for the RME USB - its not working
2- RME MADI .. and its working i dont know how !
that means i think that the Windows didnt detect the interface
im really sad

4 (edited by ramses 2019-12-26 22:04:23)

Did you try with all of the 4 USB3 ports on the back of your mainboard which come from chipset ? See pic below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqy966a6ivy9ucf/2019-12-26%2021_59_51-Gigabyte%20GA-Z97-D3H%20-%204x%20USB3%20ports%20from%20chipset.jpg?dl=1

Did you try another USB3 cable, maybe the cable is broken.

Does the interface work àt least on USB2 ?

Can you connect the UFX+ on another Laptop or PC with USB3 port ?

Can you pls check whether the UFX+ has CC mode enabled ? If yes, disable it. See manual.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

oh actually there is WDM in the RME madi Settings ( and i did like u said and yes finally i can see the RME in the settings )
but i have another problem hope u help me with it ..
i plugged the presonus central station plus , but the meter showing nothing .. but i can control with the presonus Remote control and everything is fine , just the meter not giving any signal

6 (edited by ramses 2019-12-26 22:09:53)

WDM settings are part of the HW related configuation of your device.
WDM settings are not part of the MADI settings, these are different things.

In regards to the Central Plus, this device offers analog and digital inputs.
As my crystal ball is broken .. can you tell me the cabling, thanks.

yes i`ve tried another Cable and the same problem ..
i tried all ports !
so what i did is wrong the WDM for madiSettings ?

the cabiling into the Analog 1-2 in the central station to the RME 3-4 output the Cables are ( TS ) maybe thats the reason ?

darweshalassi wrote:

yes i`ve tried another Cable and the same problem ..
i tried all ports !
so what i did is wrong the WDM for madiSettings ?

I asked you to use a different USB3 cable because you said, that the UFX+ is not being recognized by your system.
But that was not the case, you only missed to configure WDM devices.
This has already been solved.
Why are you now again trying cables ?
Which ports ? Can you pls be more specific in what you are doing ? The device has MANY ports, USB, Analog, etc etc.
I cannot follow you if you do not tell exactly what you are doing.

Again, the RME settings dialog is for different things .. and WDM has 1st of all nothing to do with MADI.

WDM devices you need for Windows and all Applications that do not support ASIO.
MADI is the optical transport of data for up to 64 audio channels @44.1/48 kHz.
Why you are mentioning WDM and MADI always at the same time ? tbh this makes no sense, its confusing.

You need to make yourself familiar with TotalMix FX how to route Audio to Analog Out 3/4
(which is connected to presonus central station).

The manual contains all information in terms of routing.

I wrote a routing primer, this might help you for a basic setup: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

There are also good RME tutorial videos available: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

If I were you I would also read the manual to get a basic understanding about your device, setup and routing.

RME analog outputs are servosymmetric, you can use balanced and unbalanced cables. You would know that if you would read your fine manual.

let me be more specific  ..
there is 2 icon for RME settings Bottom/right
1- Fireface USB Settings
2- Madiface Series Settings
the FireFace usb Settings i cant open it !
the Madiface Series settings i can open it ( and there is WDM inside the Madface Settings ) .. so i followed what u have said to me that i should go the WDM and activate the speakers from there .. and i did that from the Madiface Settings not the Fireface usb settings cuz its not opening

about the central station ( there is 2 Analog Inputs ) i plugged the TS in the L + R ( TRS ) - into the RME Balanced Line Level OutPuts 3-4

thats the cabling
im sorry for my English anyway wink

If you look into the manual and the product page of your UFX+ then you get the information that the UFX+ needs the MADIface driver (driver_madiface_win_09700.zip).

I assume that you installed additionally (wrongly) the Fireface USB driver (driver_usb_win_1168.zip) which is for older USB recording interfaces or you had before an older RME recording interface and the driver is still being started.

Either ignore it or change the Windows settings, that the not required Fireface driver is not being started automatically on Windows startup.

As I said make yourself familiar with routing in TotalMix FX.
1. in TM FX: check that submix mode is enabled
2. Click to HW Output AN 3+4, now you see the submix for AN 3+4 Out
So watch now the faders of HW Inputs (top row) and SW Playback (middle row) where you see an audio signal that you want to route to this submix AN 3+4. Simply raise the faders of those channels to 0db.
You might need to set a proper output level for HW output AN 3+4.
Click to the "Tool / wrench" symbol of the HW output AN 3+4. Select Consumer Level (-10 dBV).

yes i did all of that , im a bit familiar with the routing in the totalmix
and everything is fine , except the Metering in the presonus

Do you have audio output on HW output 3+4 ? If yes then you missed a setting on the presonus.

yes !
gonna Try to see the settings for presonus
Ramses thank u Very much

You're welcome and good luck wink