Topic: High-Pass Filter in Total Mix

I’m attempting to run a UFX in standalone model with Total-Mix used to take two (stereo) channel and process these into low-pass / high-pass for active speakers. Current set-up uses the “low-cut” feature with 350Hz / 24dB slope to get high-pass to the stereo mid-tweeter channels. Set-up of the bass EQ is more problematic and I’m after some assistance. The goal is two-fold – first, to have a 24dB low-pass at around 350Hz and, second, to raise equalise the low-bass to account for roll-off of my sealed bass box. My current attempt uses a Hi Cut EQ [-20 | 350 | 1.0] with a shelving filter on the deep bass [15 | 120 | 1.0] which looks fine. The questions are:

• What is the slope that is used for the Hi Cut filter? [It doesn’t look, unlike that for Lo Cut, to be user selectable.] Or, put differently, how would one set-up the Hi Cut to do 24dB?

• Is it correct that frequency value shown for the Hi Cut filter is the -3dB point like Lo Cut?

Regards
Andrew

Re: High-Pass Filter in Total Mix

The Hi Cut in band 3 of the PEQ is 12 dB/oct fixed. The Low Cut uses a Q of 0.7. Both have -3 dB as reference.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: High-Pass Filter in Total Mix

Hello, is it possible to cut the low frequencies higher than 500Hz, for example 3800Hz for a tweeter crossover ? Would a low shelf of -20dB on frequency 1 be sufficient ? In this case, to make it coherent with the hi cut applied to the mid driver, to what value the Q has to be set to have it at -24dB/oct ?