Topic: Is there any way to disallow Mac OSX to change Input Gains 1-4?

Often when I go onto a Skype / GoTo Meeting / Google Meet etc. call and select my Fireface as Audio Input, my Mic Gains 1-4 would jump up by 20dB and heavily distort my Audio. I always have to go in manually and switch it back to 0. Apps remembering  my selection do not have the same problem next time, but there's always a new App that triggers this issue.

So my question is: Is there any way to disallow these Apps to change my Input Gains upon selecting Fireface as the Input? I NEVER want OSX to change my Input Gain levels. If I want to do that, I go in the Fireface Settings App. "The Gain Knob is not a Volume Control Carl"

Re: Is there any way to disallow Mac OSX to change Input Gains 1-4?

*bump* any ideas?

Re: Is there any way to disallow Mac OSX to change Input Gains 1-4?

Gregsen wrote:

Apps remembering  my selection do not have the same problem next time, but there's always a new App that triggers this issue.

There's your clue...

Skype is not a well behaved app. Nothing OSX can do. Audio apps need to be able to change gain.

Skype probably does that for newbies who don't know how to control gain of their mic.

If you can change apps, there's a lot of them out there that don't have this behaviour. Zoom comes to mind.

Mind you, I have a separate machine for everything VOIP. Avoids blowing up speakers...

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...