Topic: Dynamics and EQ limited

Hi

I did a live session recently (problems there posted under USB and Fireface) with seven live inputs and five output headphone mixes. All running at 192k.

I found that only a couple of inputs and outputs allowed me to apply dynamics and EQ. The radio button lit while I clicked on it but went out again. It was a pity because this feature is really useful for live monitoring for a live band recording.

Any ideas why this i?  I don't remember this being said to be restricted during the tutorials.

UFX+
iMac17,Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4 GHz 32GB RAM
Logic Pro X

Re: Dynamics and EQ limited

4 times the sample rate means a fourth of the available DSP power left. You see this in the DSP meter when changing the sample rates.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay understood. That manages my expectations for future. If really needed I'll arrange dynamics on outboard gear.

Thanks for your reply.

UFX+
iMac17,Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4 GHz 32GB RAM
Logic Pro X

Note that disabling Reverb and ALC you can squeeze out a bit more, but still the number of channels is far less than when using many EQs (which need only a fraction of the DSP power compared to the Limiter/Compressor). Oh, and when disabling DURec in the unit's display/menu there is also a bit more DSP power available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME