Topic: ASUS Thunderbolt UFX+ not recognized and i cant find TotalMix software

hey
in Usb 3 it works fine but when i connect throgh thunderbolt windows wont detct the interface.

when i install the tunderbolt driver it just does a quick setup than it says finish but i cant find totalmix and theres no folder of it in drive c.
i bought an Startech  adaptar and a Startech  thunderbolt cable (just like it is recommended in the manual)

i tried to change the "interface mode" from auto to thunderbolt
i also tried to look at the bios for options for tunderbolt but it has just a "discrete thunderbolt" and its disabled but i think its for an add on pci and my thunderbolt is not an add on. my asus motherboard is z390a and it has thunderbolt 3.

maybe a lower version of thunderbolt driver will work?
maybe i need to enable thunderbolt in asus settings?

thank u

2 (edited by Christoph.brandt 2020-01-08 16:44:15)

Re: ASUS Thunderbolt UFX+ not recognized and i cant find TotalMix software

Motix wrote:

hey
in Usb 3 it works fine but when i connect throgh thunderbolt windows wont detct the interface.

when i install the tunderbolt driver it just does a quick setup than it says finish but i cant find totalmix and theres no folder of it in drive c.
i bought an Startech  adaptar and a Startech  thunderbolt cable (just like it is recommended in the manual)

i also tried to look at the bios for options for tunderbolt but it has just a "discrete thunderbolt" and its disabled but i think its for an add on pci and my thunderbolt is not an add on. my asus motherboard is z390a and it has thunderbolt 3.

thank u

Hey Motix,

I just looked at your Mainboards Manual, and for me it seems that you can install an OPTIONAL Thunderbolt card, thats why there is an header for that on the Mainbord. The stock Board only seems to have USB-C which looks the same as thunderbolt 3, but can not actually utilize it. Or does your port have that Thunderbolt "Bolt" icon?

At least thunderbolt is NOT listet as an I/O on your Mainboard. It's only listed as optional feature.

So if I'm not mistaken, you need to buy the extension card for that.

And at least for my old UFX TotalMix doesent show up, when there is no interface recognized, so that should be gone, if your system gets thunderbolt.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Chris

also, when i open the firmware update nothing happens on pc. it doesnt seem to do anything.

i managed to open total mix but the other app (the one with buffer size and wdm) will not open.

the cable 2m:
https://www.amazon.com/-/he/dp/B01N9J47 … amp;sr=8-7

the adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/-/he/dp/B019FPJD … amp;sr=8-3

4 (edited by Motix 2020-01-08 17:31:31)

Christoph.brandt wrote:
Motix wrote:

hey

thank u

Hey Motix,

I just looked at your Mainboards Manual, and for me it seems that you can install an OPTIONAL Thunderbolt card, thats why there is an header for that on the Mainbord. The stock Board only seems to have USB-C which looks the same as thunderbolt 3, but can not actually utilize it. Or does your port have that Thunderbolt "Bolt" icon?

At least thunderbolt is NOT listet as an I/O on your Mainboard. It's only listed as optional feature.

So if I'm not mistaken, you need to buy the extension card for that.

And at least for my old UFX TotalMix doesent show up, when there is no interface recognized, so that should be gone, if your system gets thunderbolt.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Chris

Wow. it said it support thunderbolt. i saw a type c and figured it was it.
so another 100$
250$ for the cable adapter and the add on.
i hope its worth it.

i saw some people here talking about the add on.
you guys know if it works?

If my 32 buffer with usb 3 is 1.2 ms latency?
How much will it be with thunderbolt?

Motix wrote:

If my 32 buffer with usb 3 is 1.2 ms latency?
How much will it be with thunderbolt?

Thanks to Ramses
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … 8-RME-UFX/

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

I have an ASUS X99 Deluxe II motherboard with same specs, it came with an ASUS Thunderbolt 3 PCI add-in card ; https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboard-Acc … boltEX-3/.

There was huge problems with it (google will easily prove this), main problem being that BIOS always detects the Thunderbolt card no problem but Windows just never could detect it properly or normally until ASUS released a Firmware Update for it.

Everything was awesome for a few months & all working flawlessly even with a TB2-TB3 adapter until the latest Windows Update 1909 it just died on me again. I have to try a bunch of steps now to try getting it detected & installed properly again on Windows 10 after all the drama it's caused me already before.

So yea even with the Thunderbolt add-in cards there's sometimes problems. So you found TotalMix?