Topic: Sudden Problems with MadiFace USB and Windows 10

Hello I have been using a RME MAdiface USB with optical cables with Windows 10 without issue for 1.5 years. I use a Burl Mothership as my converter but not sure if this is relevant. I recently started to get intermittent clicks through the monitors. The clicks persist even when DAW is closed. It is a loud intermittent pop sometimes a minute will go by without them, but it always returns. If I shut off the mothership off the clicks will stop. Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this? I tried every computer optimization I could think of, but it appears to be some other problem. Has anyone else observed this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: Sudden Problems with MadiFace USB and Windows 10

That sounds like a simple clocking problem. Your settings?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC what exactly do you mean can you explain exactly what settings I could try adjusting? The Mothership has a built in master clock and the issue is happening even while DAW is closed. What settings can I change on the computer or through the RME software? I already tried updating the driver and the computer is optimized for recording, I've also tried just about every buffer size latency ect setting within the DAW

As far as the mothership settings it is set to 96 as normal but the problem persists even while switching to other sample rates such as 44.1. The clock setting is set to "Internal" on the burl. "External and, DAW are other options.

You are aware that your MADIface Pro comes with its own Settings dialog where you set its clocking? And that this must be set to 'MADI In'? And that you can't use any other sample rate then on your computer? And that you can send MADI as 48k and 96k Frame to the Burl?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I was not aware of any of this I guess I've just been lucky up until now, and somehow the settings reverted to something else. I found the settings and all is fixed. Thank you kindly for your assistance I feel much better now. Cheers from San Antonio Tx!