Topic: Using Optical or AES and Analog outputs simultaneously

Hello,

Wondering if it's possible to run my ADI-2 pro in stand alone mode with both Optical or AES out puts running simultaneously with the Analog outputs?

What I'm attempting to do is hook up an external digital meter using the either the Optical or AES
And then simultaneously using the Analogue outputs for my monitoring.

If this is possible please can someone give me tell me how to achieve this.

Thanks very much

Michael

Re: Using Optical or AES and Analog outputs simultaneously

Incomplete setup description. Give all details of what's connected to the ADI and the signal source.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm running my analogue chain into the ADI-2 pro via the analogue inputs in stand alone mode.   

Then connecting the analogue outputs to my Monitor controller. 

Digitally I'm attempting to connect the ADI-2 pro to my digital desktop meter via either AES or OPTICAL.
I can't seem to get the ADI-2 to send a signal to the TC Electronic meter.  The meter works fine via AES with my UAD card.

Do I need to set this up via USB first using Total mix?

Please advice.

In case you haven't changed anything the unit is in Preamp mode, which means the digital output is fed from the analog input. And analog output is fed from the analog input if Source for Main 1/2 is selected this way. See block diagrams in the manual.

Or you still have USB connected - wrong mode then...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok understood.  I'm in Preamp mode. So if I have the phones 3/4 output set to AES the meter should be receiving the signal I'm sending to Main 1/2 Input correct?

Not at all. Did you look at the block diagram? The analog input is always present at the digital output as AES, SPDIF or ADAT signal. And analog output 3/4 -  you select the ADI's digital INPUT signal there. But you don't deliver one to the ADI, so why you fiddle with that setting?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok just figured out what the problem was!  It was the sample rate in the clock settings.  It was set to 192 by default in Pre amp mode.  So when I changed the setting to 44.1 the desktop meter was able to lock.  The highest this meter can clock to is 96k. 

Thanks very much for your time on this Matthias!  I'm all good.

regards  Michael