1 (edited by ricardosilvamusic 2020-01-27 19:29:16)

Topic: DAC converter for RME 9632

Hello, thank you for accepting me on this forum. I recently bought an rme 9632, although i knew for the longest time about rme quality what attracted me to this interface was the fact that i could control Total Mix via midi and have it act as a personal mixer for stage monitoring. I bought the RME BO9632- XLRMKH with the intention of getting the click track and the rest of the bands signal via XLR analog inputs to be routed to the headphones out and for my signal for the front stage i would use analog outputs 1 and 2. I soon realized that in this board the phones out Mix are tied to the Analog out 1/2 so this plan would not work... So i went and bought the RME BO-968 AES/EBU cable to get my monitoring mix via Spdif/xlr but being an ignorant idiot i didnt realize the difference between digital/analog signal, simply connecting cables would not give me signal...So i would like to know if a simple converter
( https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07QDQ … &psc=1 ) would convert either the addat/coaxial signal to RCA or i have to buy something more expensive DAC from RME or Bheringer? I realize that the sound quality wont be the best and all i need is a L/R signal so i can have a separate mix from Analog 1&2.

Sorry for the long expo, i really appreciate any help i can get on this.

Re: DAC converter for RME 9632

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Regarding your question,
Yes, you can use this DA converter, no need to buy something more expensive!

You could buy something more expensive(like the Behringer ADA8200), only if you needed more Inputs and Outputs. But then, you would have had to use your ADAT ports!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Regarding your question,
Yes, you can use this DA converter, no need to buy something more expensive!

You could buy something more expensive(like the Behringer ADA8200), only if you needed more Inputs and Outputs. But then, you would have had to use your ADAT ports!

Hey!! Thank you for the help i just got the amazon DAC and although i cant get signal from addat the coaxial works fine.

You 're welcome!!

If you want to use the ADAT port(which, in this case, becomes optical SPDIF), you need to open the Hammerfall DSP Settings, and check the "Optical" option, under SPDIF Output section.

The difference in ADAT and Optical SPDIF, is that with ADAT you have a stream of 8 channels, but with Optical SPDIF you have 2 channels(stereo).
The connections are identical(both are optical), but they are different formats!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632