Topic: Fireface UFX+ optical out

How do I connect a TC electronics ClarityM optical TOSLink input to the optical Output (ADAT2?) of my RME UFX+? Seems like the unit doen't get a signal, I just got the UFX+, so maybe I overlook something or have it routed wrong.
Had the Clarity connected to the coaxial output of my previous interface and that worked fine.

Re: Fireface UFX+ optical out

You need to set ADAT2 to optical SPDIF in the driver settings dialog.
The TC most likely does not support ADAT protocol.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Optical 2 Out is on AES/SPDIF but no luck

And the signal goes out of TotalMix on that channel?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, I know it's been 2 years but I'm having the exact same question.

I have a Clarity M connected to my UFXII via optical cable (ADAT 2). I have the ADAT 2 set to AES/SPDIF and that seems to work because it triggers the optical light to turn green on the Clarity M, but there is still no actual audio signal.

Any idea?

6 (edited by sbcrikey 2022-07-21 22:45:06)

have you looked at TotalMIX to see if there is signal on that ADAT 2 output? if the Clarity is getting sync with your optical cable, there must be signal getting to it. you just haven't turned it up to hear it.

also, while the Clarity looks nice, have you tried Digicheck for your monitoring needs? It does everything the Clarity does and probably a lot more smile

Thanks, that was not the issue but your question made me realize that Analogue 1/2 weren't activated in the routing matrix. It's all good now!

nice! glad it's fixed and it was something simple smile