Topic: RME HDSPe AIO Rev. ?

I've been shopping around for an HDSPe AIO, and I notice that the cards have different Rev. #s

Is there anything I should know about the different ones?

Re: RME HDSPe AIO Rev. ?

Well, I am studying up by comparing my 9632 to the AIO. The AIO page says "1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1." so I am guessing 1.0 cards had a bridge? I wonder what the latest revision # is?

The compare page has 'DC-coupled outlets' for the 9632, while the other doesn't, though I guess this does the AIO no disadvantage.

AES/EBU IO is listed for the AIO only.

The AIO has .7 ms latency listed as its lowest, and the 9632 PCI 1.5ms. I am hoping it can perform one step faster without rice crispies because of this with my sample libraries, the main attraction to me.

The 9632 has "low impedance headphone output (75 ohm), stepless output level through software faders" and the AIO "Low impedance headphone output (30 ohm), separate DAC and playback device".  Does this mean that the AIO will be louder or quieter on the same headphones than a 9632?

The AIO has "2.5 Gbps line speed" not sure what this means? Also "Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)"?

Re: RME HDSPe AIO Rev. ?

AIO can go louder on the headphones. Latest revision should be 14.