Topic: Help request, HDSPe AES cannot get input signal

Hi, hope someone could suggest what to do...much appreciated.

Cannot get a digital input working, I checked my DAW (Sonar X3), Windows 7 (64bit) settings, Totalmix etc.

Everything works, just no digital input...

Maybe I'm making a stupid mistake, for example I have just 1 Dsub snake and perhaps I cannot use a digital output AND a digital input on the same snake ?

Any other suggestions are much appreciated -) thanks

Re: Help request, HDSPe AES cannot get input signal

The RME DSUB is made for TASCAM AES pin configuration. What cable are you using?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by sjiens 2020-01-31 18:27:49)

Hi Jeff, thanks for looking at this and replying.
I have Alva high bandwith 110ohm digital AES/ebu Tascam snake, and a digital out from my RME AD-2 connected to 'AES in3'.
On the same snake the 'AES out1' works fine...

thanks

The signal is a coaxial from the old RME-ADI2 converter,  it's AES-3/Spdif format.

OK, cable should be good. Did you set the ADI-2 digital out to "PRO"? This will boost voltage for better AES/EBU compatibility. What about the adapter from RCA to XLR?

How do you sync the ADI-2? It may need a connection the other direction for clock sync.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

hi Jeff, thanks again smile 
yes I have it on 'pro' format and sample rate is all sync (192khz on converter, soundcard, windows etc). I have a digital 110ohm coaxial/RCA to XLR cable from the converter to the Alva snake.  It's just not taking the input, not in Digicheck, not in Windows and not in the DAW.
going through the Widows settings again, I don't get it...     thanks/best

Why not plug the ADI AES Out into all 4 inputs of the snake and check which of these show a reaction in the Input Status section of the card's Settings dialog? If only 3 doesn't work then either the cable or the card is defective.

You could also set the card to clock internal and simply connect all XLR outs and ins, crosscheck different I/Os etc., nailing down the not working part in minutes...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by sjiens 2020-02-02 13:41:44)

Hi Matthias,  many thanks for your time, reply and suggestion.

I found out what the problem was, my HDSPe AES does not accept Spdif format (and I didn't know it).

Now I'm hoping/trying to get 2 seperate a/d conversions from 1 RME ADI 8DS mk3, simultaniously smile
(2 channels of my analog masterbus going to a recorder, and 1 instrument recording into my HDSPe AES.

And finally get some sound into my computer software.

thanks/best regards