1 (edited by David10 2020-02-02 17:04:14)

Topic: Difference between ADI-2 DAC (v1) and ADI-2 DAC (v2)

I'm confused. I want to buy an updated version of the ADI-2 DAC FS, but I don’t understand how to distinguish the old version from the new one when buying? What are the visual differences on the box or on the device itself? in B&H store they tell me that they have an old version, but with a new remote control.

I will be in US only one day and I want to know for sure that I am buying the updated version. Thanks.

I'm really confused. Help.

2 (edited by ramses 2020-02-02 17:08:47)

Re: Difference between ADI-2 DAC (v1) and ADI-2 DAC (v2)

This has been discussed already on this forum a couple of times:

The updated model has the new
- MRC (Multi-Remote Control)
- AK4493 DAC chip with the new D/A filter mode "SD LD" (Short Delay Low Dispersion)

Older ADI-2 DAC devices got already in one of the last (or the last) firmware upgrade support for the new MRC.

It should be the new device when the new MRC is included in the delivery.
You can check it then at home additionally by looking for the SD LD D/A filter mode.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by David10 2020-02-02 17:20:34)

I will buy the device physically in the store, and not order on the Internet.
I can't check filter mode "SD LD" when I buying device. I'll can check this only in my country and it's too late.
Is the box exactly the same as the old one? No visual difference? Only new remote?

The Version 2 box will also show the display with an more orangish-yellow color display vs. the blue display of the Version 1 box. But the main difference you'll notice is the new expanded remote.

5 (edited by ramses 2020-02-02 18:27:25)

David10 wrote:

I will buy the device physically in the store, and not order on the Internet.
I can't check filter mode "SD LD" when I buying device. I'll can check this only in my country and it's too late.
Is the box exactly the same as the old one? No visual difference? Only new remote?

I don't get your point. You say you buy it physically in a store ..
well when get the device out of the package in the shop, turn it on and look for this filter.
It should be a matter of a couple of minutes.

And as I already said .. It should be the new device when the new MRC is included in the delivery.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

My friend will buy, not me. He doesn't know much about this.

7 (edited by ramses 2020-02-02 19:14:17)

David10 wrote:

My friend will buy, not me. He doesn't know much about this.

Then call the guy from the shop that he shall pre-check this for you

"i/o" -> Main Output 1/2 -> Settings -> DA Filter ->  Short Delay Low Dispersion

8 (edited by N00b 2020-02-03 00:58:24)

Maybe it’s more easy to check the remote (pictured on the box I bet) O_O

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables