Topic: Can I switch between two different outputs via button on the DAC?

Hi,

I have studio monitors connected via XLR, and a separate headphone amp via phono.

I don't use them both at once.

I haven't found a way to change the outputs to only one or the other, so I have to power down the monitors when listening to headphones. Is there a way to do this automatically (like there is with the built in headphone out?) I'd like to be able to press a button to switch.

Even better, I'd also like the volume output level to be different for each of the outputs?

Is this possible?

(Apologies if this has been asked before - I've had a check of the forum (and the manual), but haven't been able to locate an answer.)

Re: Can I switch between two different outputs via button on the DAC?

On my ADI-2 Pro FS BE I can toggle between phones and speakers by using a remapped key on the front...

See my blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

XLR and RCA use the same mute control, independent mute is not possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for letting me  know. I'll stick with simply powering down the monitors when I want to listen on headphones.

Or you can plug your headphone amp with the TRS on the front, and as Ramses said toggle between line out and TRS with a key on the front or with the remote smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Does it matter if I have two amps hooked up to the outputs of the RME DAC, one via XLR and one via RCA jacks? I was also curious if I could select one output. Given we can't, does it matter if two devices are hooked up?

The outputs have their own driver stages, so no problem to use both.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The outputs have their own driver stages, so no problem to use both.

Many thanks smile