Topic: Using Fireface UFX II as DAC in home audio system

Hi, this is my first post here. I am enjoying using the UFX II for recording my piano. I would also like to take advantage of the high-quality DAC in the UFX II in a multiroom home system. I will have a network bridge (Raspberry Pi probably) device to connect with my Roon audio software, Tidal streaming, and the audio files on my NAS drive. I envisage this being connected, presumably by USB, into the UFX II.

Is this possible? If so, does anyone have knowledge of how to set this up? I would then take the signal from the UFX II into a normal hifi amp.

Any advice appreciated.

With thanks,

Will

Re: Using Fireface UFX II as DAC in home audio system

ADI-2 DAC FS makes more sense for this use. But this is possible with the UFXII working in CC mode (Class Compliant USB Audio 2.0) as long as your Raspberry Pi supports this.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff. Much appreciated. I just have the UFX so it is great to know it can be used in this way. I'll check out the Pi/HAT compatibility with CC mode.

Would I connect the Pi to the UFX via USB? I believe that I would be connecting the UFX to the amp via USB.

Pi to UFX via USB
UFX to receiver or amp via analog cables (balanced XLR/TRS if possible, otherwise use adapters for TRS 1/4" to RCA).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok and just to be clear, this is a usb cable with usb 2 type A connector to the RPi, going into the usb 2 type B connector of the RME?

Correct.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.