Topic: Bluetooth receiver without dac for the adi2 dac?

What is a Bluetooth receiver that doesn't have a dac that I can attach to the Adi dac

Re: Bluetooth receiver without dac for the adi2 dac?

https://theauris.com/collections/wirele … r-receiver

Unfortunately currently sold out...but a really cool piece of hardware if you can and are willing to accept the lossy encoding involved...

Cheers
Olli

RME ADI2-DAC FS | Intel NUC8i7
Rotel RB1582 MKII amp
Infinity Kappa 8.2i speakers
Audirvana player

Olli wrote:

https://theauris.com/collections/wirele … r-receiver

Unfortunately currently sold out...but a really cool piece of hardware if you can and are willing to accept the lossy encoding involved...

Cheers
Olli

Thanks for the link but no. Surely there are better things than that
Like shanling m0 has digital out.  For example
But looking for a strickly bluetooth receiver with modern codes

4 (edited by LD 2020-02-13 14:43:25)

ItchyEars wrote:

What is a Bluetooth receiver that doesn't have a dac that I can attach to the Adi dac

Are you maybe looking for something simplistic like this?:

Ding Shine BTS2

LD wrote:
ItchyEars wrote:

Are you maybe looking for something simplistic like this?:

Ding Shine BTS2

absolutely, anything simple just like that, I'm hoping that model being so cheap doesn't introduce noise to the DAC. Anyways I guess there aren't many Bluetooth receivers in the market (without a dac built in) thanks so much

You are welcome.

I just can tell you the device works perfectly fine for what it is supposed to do, as I use it connected to a miniDSP DDRC-24. However, I do not have any information about its fidelity; but maybe Mr. Carstens could help on how to verify this with the ADI-2 DAC.

Just în case anyone stumbles across this page.

I got the shanling m0 which is a neat little dap, but has bluetooth receiver in modern codecs and usb out, how neat it that!

> but maybe Mr. Carstens could help on how to verify this with the ADI-2 DAC.

Quite impossible. BT uses lossy codecs and therefore can not be measured easily for THD, SNR, frequency response etc. with usual equipment.

BTW, that link doesn't work, it requires sign-in.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

> but maybe Mr. Carstens could help on how to verify this with the ADI-2 DAC.

Quite impossible. BT uses lossy codecs and therefore can not be measured easily for THD, SNR, frequency response etc. with usual equipment.

Ldac and aptx HD does the 24/44.1 and higher in ldac HD. Bluetooth 4.2 or higher so it's not lossy

Then do the bit test and you will see what happens.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

11 (edited by LD 2020-02-14 09:25:01)

MC wrote:

Thank you for the information.

====
I have noticed some weird behavior with AliExpress recently, which sometimes requires to sign-in, just to view products. I do not know how this is triggered, maybe by IP address and/or cookies, as I can view the link without any issues (and while not being signed-in). But on other products it does ask me to sign-in to my account, as well… I guess it is a rather aggressive - and very annoying - strategy for tracking user interests.

The description of the device states that it uses a Qualcomm CSR8675 chipset [= Bluetooth 5.0] and it comes with one USB "power" cable (no mains adapter) and one antenna. I took the link from this shop, as I received my order without any issues from them but there are other vendors available [probably also via eBay]; who sell the same Ding Shine "BTS2" model. Maybe at least the following product images can be continuously accessed without the requirement to sign-in:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB18T8qasfrK1Rjy0Fmq6xhEXXap.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1gzpyasrrK1Rjy1zeq6xalFXae.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1HkVsaynrK1RjSsziq6xptpXay.jpg

ItchyEars wrote:

Ldac and aptx HD does the 24/44.1 and higher in ldac HD. Bluetooth 4.2 or higher so it's not lossy

I found detailed information regarding this topic while browsing on ASR, where further and some very profound discussions about Bluetooth audio quality can be found.

Audio over Bluetooth: most detailed information about profiles, codecs, and devices

Bluetooth SBC (LC-SBC) Codec and SBC-HBR Explained: A method to improve fidelity for (almost) all Bluetooth audio
[Some of the mentioned testing was done on XDA.]

Enjoy!