Topic: ADI-8 DS needs servicing?

When I initiate DS (SMUX) and try to achieve 96kHz or higher my inputs no longer work. No signal is passed out of the ADI-8 DS but I can see from the front panel of ADI-8 that the input working(green light under #1 responds to live mic)

I'm using TotalMix to view my Hardware Inputs. When I go in without DS it's fine, I see an
active channel. But clicking DS on and no audio tracks respond.

Does my ADI-8 need servicing?
How do I determine if it needs servicing?

Re: ADI-8 DS needs servicing?

You change the settings of your RME interface to operate at 96 kHz?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You change the settings of your RME interface to operate at 96 kHz?

I do change the sample rate to 96kHz in the little app that lives in the taskbar.

I have the HDSPe AIO and the ADI-8 DS.

I use the analog TDIF inputs of the ADI-8 for my mic inputs and connect to the PCIe AIO card via ADAT Optical.

I've in the past used the S/MUX feature of the ADI but now I can't seem to get it working.

Is there a better "front end" to the HSDPe AIO card?

Many thanks!

Changing the sample rate in the Settings dialog is not efficient. You use whatever software to record/play, and you have to change the sampe rate in there, and should use ASIO. As the AIO card has only one ADAT I/O you will only see 4 ADAT channels left then. And if you used the wrong TOSLINK on the ADI (Aux instead of Main) you will see no signal anymore...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Changing the sample rate in the Settings dialog is not efficient. You use whatever software to record/play, and you have to change the sampe rate in there, and should use ASIO. As the AIO card has only one ADAT I/O you will only see 4 ADAT channels left then. And if you used the wrong TOSLINK on the ADI (Aux instead of Main) you will see no signal anymore...

I switched to 96kHz in Ableton and then chose DS on my ADI-8 still has no impact on HDSPe AIO. I have one input, a mic and it shows level on the ADI-8 inputs (lights up green) before switching and after switching to DS but withj DS on no level is evident in TotalMix. Hardware inputs are showing no signal.

And you checked that the QS ADAT output uses the MAIN socket, not the AUX socket?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

And you checked that the QS ADAT output uses the MAIN socket, not the AUX socket?

That was it. Thank you!
I was using the AUX ADAT INs/Outputs.

Now, when I select DS the number of inputs goes from 7 to 5. signal showing is on ADAT1 only. I expected that the input would show on ADAT1&2. Is this correct?

Try again, I did not understand that queston. But it seems you did not activate 96 kHz on the card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, I didn't do a good job of explaining:
Here's a video file that shows the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlm15105oor3m … 6.mp4?dl=0

Setup:

Single mic running into ADI-8 DS  via TDIF
ADI-8 is connected via optical to my internal PCIe card HDSPe AIO

Everything works fine at 48kHz or 44.1kHz
If i jump up to 96kHz it seems to still be sending only one track to AIO. Because of DS I expect to see two mono tracks being used. Am I getting a true 96kHz file?

My TotalMix shows only ADAT1 being used whereas I would expect ADAT1 & 2 to be used for the DoubleSpeed file.

Is that any clearer? Let me know what you think.

> Because of DS I expect to see two mono tracks being used.

Reading the manual helps. Seriously, why do you expect it to show nonsense?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME