Topic: Can't hear any reverb nor delay

Hello I own a Babyface Pro that I use mostly to work with Logic ProX, On Mac Os Catalina 10.15.

On Totalmix I have no problem to record with an EQ, but when I send a signal to the Effect to hear a reverb when I sing to help my performance, I can see the level entering and modulation in the Effect display, but no sound Out, even if the orange button is engaged in both the Delay and reverb, and even if the return knob is opened in the main channel strip or phones channel strip.
This simple setting was easily made with my previous system. (I changed my computer recently).
Do you have any clue?

Re: Can't hear any reverb nor delay

Allow the use of the microphone for TotalMix FX. Most probably in Privacy & Security settings somewhere.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello MC and thank you for your answer, I checked, but there is no Totalmix FX option in Privacy & Security settings, there are only Logic Pro X and Omnishepre, but they are checked and allowed already. I tried to download a newer version of the driver, but I still do not see Totalmix FX in Privacy & Security settings.

You installed driver 3.18_3? Install it again and reboot. macOS should ask you to enable this option on reboot when trying to use reverb the first time.

Otherwise Google might help, like

https://superuser.com/questions/1441270 … in-macbook

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes Matthias I did install driver 3.18_3. I reinstalled it several times rebooted the mac, but still no news and no question to authorize Totalmix FX or RME whatsoever. I just had a question about an old MOTU system discarded since. I allowed it, but nothing happened to correct my problem. I tried the solution you gave me on the Google forum, but it did not work. I saw on youtube, that a solution might work with Terminal. But I can't copy the code line as it concerns Audacity, and I am not good in coding. I am still searching, but if you find anything, i would be glad to know.

The solution with Terminal do not help me, as I can record and hear my microphone through Totalmix. But I still cannot understand why Totalmix Fx do not appear in the list of the applications allowed to use microphone. It gets on my nerves.

I have this problem as well and none of these suggestions helped me either. Any ideas?

is it possible that you have not activated the return on the timebased effects in TM? it is the smaller fader on the physical output channels (corresponds visually to the FX sends on the hardware and software input rows)