Topic: 2019 Mac Pro & Raydat

Hi,

We're looking to upgrade our old Mac Pro's to the new 2019 model - are existing Raydat cards known to work OK in the new machines (with Logic Pro latest version)?

Thanks,

rp

Re: 2019 Mac Pro & Raydat

I am also curious if the 2019 Mac Pro 7,1 is compatible with existing RayDat cards. Any info would be greatly appreciated (required firmware, etc.). Thanks.

Any news on this at all? We're looking to order Mac Pros soon and need to know whether we'll need to replace the Raydat cards also.

I guess if RME does not answer then it doesn't.

Try it out why shouldnt it work .. if not, send back ...
I see no reasons why RayDat should not work .. do you see any reason ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I wrote directly to RME asking the same question and they said that they didn't have a 2019 MacPro for testing (and at the moment they no plans to get one) but didn't see any reason reason why it wouldn't work. I am planning to upgrade as well so if you go before me please post your result. I will of course do the same.

PS are there any reports anywhere about stuff not working, I have only seen unusually positive reports about the new Mac Pros

All the best Henrik

If you firmly want a Mac Pro .. well then I see no issue in ordering and testing RayDAT and giving back if it should not work.
The big investment is the Mac Pro ... not the RayDAT.

But if you are not sure if the Mac pro is a good investment depening on whether the RayDAT works (although it should work .. PCIe is kind of a well known and supported standard in the industrie) then I also would be careful.

Maybe you can check and align with a seller to order both from him, if it works in combination to keep it or if not to send back.

I think there should be companies delivering complete systems for audio incl. Apple Pro.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi again
In generel I suspect that many potential MacPro buyers are already pretty high end users so it's not like, in my case anyway, I am starting from scratch.
I already have a Raydat and 24 high quality I/Os, I also have 2 UAD2 Quad...
Being a Logic user that makes a Mac Pro a good investment because it is cheaper for me to get such a machine than ie an iMac as that would mean I would have to get most of the other stuff again.

Actually I think that this particular generation of MacPros are quite well spec'ed for the users who have been in business for a long time and have waited since 2010 for a machine that is powerful enough to make the upgrade worthwhile.
Of course they are expensive but my 2010 machine has lasted 10 years so I see it as "how much does it cost a year" which makes the investment less "over the top".

All the best
Henrik