Topic: UFXII How to send analogue signal to hifi speakers using CC Mode

Hi, I have taken a look at the manual but am not clear about how to send analogue signal to the hifi speakers. I am using the UFXII as the DAC for my main hifi system using a Roon Bridge on a Raspberry Pi, with a USB connection from the Pi to the UFXII. I know it works because I can listen to the signal in the headphones. But it says on the settings that the analogue outputs are analogue 1/2. This is confusing to me because my audio-savvy friend connected the speaker cables to analogue 7/8. Also, I don't see any analogue 1/2. Can someone either point me to which are the analogue 1/2 outputs, or, how to change the settings so that I can route the output through 7/8?

With thanks

Will

Re: UFXII How to send analogue signal to hifi speakers using CC Mode

You have on the back several sections. One for inputs, one for outputs, etc
So Analog Out 1 + 2 refer to the two XLR outputs, isn't it logic ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you Ramses, I now see the logic. Since my speakers use normal speaker connects, I will need to change the output to analogue channels 7/8 which is where they are currently. If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Get an XLR to TRS cable ..

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I would prefer not to go down that route if there is a way to route output to 7/8. I am new to using RME for this, and I don't understand why, given that I can listen to music from Roon through my laptop -> RME ->analogue 7/8 ->speakers, I could not use the same output for CC Mode. If someone can tell me that this is impossible, then an XLR termination will be the only solution, but I can't understand (yet) why that would be necessary. Again, if anyone is willing to explain (assuming it is possible) how to route the signal, in CC Mode, to 7/8, I would be most grateful. I have read that you need to go out of CC Mode, connect a computer using Total Mix, set things up in Total Mix, save the configuration to one of the six presets, and then select that once in CC Mode. I have tried to do this, but this is beyond my knowledge at the moment.

With thanks for any help.

IMHO you should be able to select the desired playback channels in Roon, which has extensive hardware support and should show you 24 channels to choose from.

Otherwise: As explained in detail in the manual CC mode knows only two operating/mixing modes: 24 Channel (all channels 1:1) or Phones, where playback of 1/2 is also send to both phones outputs. That is an alternative for you, but you still would need to use an adapter (stereo TRS to two times mono TS). The modes are selected in SETUP/REV, Hardware & Diagnosis, CC Routing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for all comments. I have now accepted that I needed a new pair of interconnects to use the pre-assigned XLR outputs 1/2 to go to the RCA connectors on the power amp. Very pleased with the sound. I have a couple of remaining questions but they merit a post in a new thread.