Topic: ADI-8 QS Analog ins and outs

Although the signal flow chart shows the ADI-8 QS capable of sending the analog ins directly to the analog outs, I'm not finding out exactly how to implement this, as the manual does not clearly address it. And if this is possible, I'd also like to know how to use the input and output trims (as well as the global level adjustment) to attenuate the analog signal. I know these are simple things, but somehow I'm not seeing them.

Re: ADI-8 QS Analog ins and outs

If you refer to the block diagram on page 54: the element 'Digital Audo Processing' breaks the signal flow, it is no connection. Analog in to out is only possible by connecting a cable from the digital output to the digital input.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC,

thanks for the reply. Your explanation clears things up, although the "Digital Audio Processing" block in the diagram just looks like another component through which the signal goes into and out of from an initial analysis. Thanks again for the heads up.

I have another question related to the ADI. It seems like Direct Digital mode should allow the ADAT signal to be sent to a bank of MADI channels. Is that possible?

The ADAT input signal - sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME