Topic: Babyface & Fireface UC on one Mac

Hey there
Worked with a babyface on a Macbook Pro (Mojave 10.14.6) and MainStage/Logic (with a USB connection) for performances. Now since I upgraded my stage setup I am working with a fireface UC (in a flightcase/rack) and still want to keep the babyface for home use. After downloading the latest firmware and drivers MainStage recognizes the new FF UC, but the TotalMix either doesn't get activated at all or the window won't show up. The connection with the old babyface though still works - also the TotalMix window opens up without problems.
Question: Is there a problem using both devices (babyface and FF UC, not at the same time) on the same Mac?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Babyface & Fireface UC on one Mac

No, and you could even connect them at the same time and switch between them in the TM FX window.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias!
Could you imagine what the problem could be though? I also followed the RME instructions on how to handle the driver setup with the security issue with high sierra and up - still the TM FX window won't show up when connecting the FF UC...

Much appreciated,
Pascal

No idea, sorry. This is very strange. I will check this on my my Mac today.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sure the UC is in "Mac" mode?

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

Might be, but then this is a misleading error description, as neither Settings dialog nor record/playback would work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

cigame wrote:

Sure the UC is in "Mac" mode?

you were right, after all it was exactly this. It confused me since half of the system was running - didn't think it could be that. So thanks for your help! : )

Now off to playing before this virus kills the next gigs in spring...

P