Topic: Fireface UFX in Windows 10.. installed driver, no TotalMix anywhere!

I installed the "driver_fw_win_3125" driver on my machine. I restarted and found no TotalMix program at all. Nothing in the task bar, nor in the installed programs.

Nothing happens in Ableton when I turn on and connect the interface.

I've tried removing the drivers and reinstalling, still nothing. Any ideas?

Re: Fireface UFX in Windows 10.. installed driver, no TotalMix anywhere!

It does not get installed to Program files. This app and the Fireface Settings app are both Startup items. You will find them in the System Tray, bottom right corner of your screen. Typically these are hidden, and accessed via the up arrow (^).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

There is nothing to do with RME in there. Does it only appear when the interface is connected?

The installation will not work until the unit is connected and the computer rebooted with connected interface. After that Settings dialog and TotalMix will be loaded on any reboot, even when the unit is not connected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm certain that I already did that. It's pretty standard procedure to install things.

I installed the driver, found nothing useful, then reset my PC. Nothing appeared. The interface was most definitely on and connected at some point during that process before I reset.

Anyways, I will try again. Do you mean the unit needs to be connected and on while installing? Should I uninstall?

What does the HOST LED on the UFX say? Is the UFX in Class Compliant mode?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by mkl.jhn.nln 2020-03-14 23:12:25)

CC mode is off. The UFX has no Host LED on the front, so I'm not sure what that's referring to. I can see that both the UCX and UFX+ have that, however. Either way, no LEDs are lit on the front.

I've also heard about trying to load the Flash Update Tool. When trying to run the exe, nothing happens.

So you installed the FireWire driver. Do you use FireWire with your computer or USB?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME