Topic: Does RME DSP 9632 PCI WORK in win 10

Hi, I'm new here,

Does anyone know if RME DSP 9632 PCI WORK with WIN 10?
I use to have win 7 as my operating system but now want to upgrade to WIN 10.

Re: Does RME DSP 9632 PCI WORK in win 10

Yes, just download the latest Windows driver 4.29.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you MC

Now I have to look and buy a PCIe adaptor to PCI. My current RME DSP 9632 has PCI.

You may be able to adapt in the sense that it functions but will it fit properly on the back of the case with the added extension of an adaptor?

Indeed that is likely to be a problem....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, and you will probably need to drill the case, as well, for the card's connection panel to fit.

You might, also, run into compatibility issues with the adapter. I was doing the same research, as you, half a year ago, for the same reason!
I had read every single review, I could find, regarding adapters with RME PCI Interfaces. The results were 50-50, for others it worked, for others it didn't.

So I kept my 9632(which is great) as a backup, with an older motherboard, and I bought myself a DigiFace USB for my newer built(Ryzen 5 2600, Gigabyte Aorus Motherboard). I ,also, have a Presonus DigiMax Fs for AD/DA, and the DigiFace was the perfect match! Also, the HeadPhones Output is excellent! And the latency minimal! 0.7ms In - 1.7ms Out, 32 Buffer Setting @44.1/48K.

So, if you have an external AD/DA converter with ADAT connectivity, you could get the DigiFace USB, or if you want PCI-e, you could get the HDSP-e RayDat.

If you elaborate, a bit, about your setup, we can come up with more solutions, if you decide not to take the adapter solution!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632