Topic: 9632, expansions and "board revision"

Hi,
2 of the outputs of the AO4S-192 AIO I am running with my 9632 seem to have died, they don't output sound neither do they show up in Totalmix anymore. Long past warranty, have contacted RME support for a possible repair but have been weighing other options too.

I could get a used AEB8-O from nearby, no problem re the limitations it would impose but its manual says the host card, if Hammerfall, needs to be "Board Revision 1.5 or higher".

I'm not quite sure what that is, on my DSP settings "Global" Tab, in the "Change Card Order" field the card reads as "HDSP9632 (1), Bus=10, Device=1, Revision=155", is that it? or must I extract the card to look for any physically imprinted info?

And could I use the intact outputs of the AO4S-192 AIO alongside whatever the AEB8-O offers?

Thanks!

2

Re: 9632, expansions and "board revision"

delgado wrote:

2 of the outputs of the AO4S-192 AIO I am running with my 9632 seem to have died, they don't output sound neither do they show up in Totalmix anymore.

Broken outputs might happen, but 2 channels of 4 missing in TM FX is technically impossible. Check that you don't have them disabled via Channel Layout.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: 9632, expansions and "board revision"

Question .. I thought channel layout is more a cosmetic thing, to make operation easier.

This sounds now as if it really enables and disables channels is that true ?

So you can't use channel layouts to make simply operation easier, by
showing you all the drum channels or the vocalist channels ?

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS BE/R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB

Re: 9632, expansions and "board revision"

MC wrote:
delgado wrote:

2 of the outputs of the AO4S-192 AIO I am running with my 9632 seem to have died, they don't output sound neither do they show up in Totalmix anymore.

Broken outputs might happen, but 2 channels of 4 missing in TM FX is technically impossible. Check that you don't have them disabled via Channel Layout.

and that was it, all good. Thank you!

5

Re: 9632, expansions and "board revision"

@ramses: He did not see the channels, so how could he route something there?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: 9632, expansions and "board revision"

MC wrote:

@ramses: He did not see the channels, so how could he route something there?

Ah this you mean, then I misunderstood your comment completely wink Now it makes sense.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS BE/R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB