Topic: HDPSe FX Audio Glitches with new Mac

Your message: Hello,

I purchased a new MacPro, a 2,7Ghz 24-cores with 192Gb of RAM. It's running MacOS 10.15.4.
I have a HDSPe FX Madi PCIe card connected to an SSL XLogic Interface.
In my old computer (a late 2013 "black trashcan") everything was going smoothly but now with the new computer I get glitches in the audio when something is playing. This applies to all sound no matter which program is running it. It happens with Cubase, YouTube, Tidal etc. The glitches are irregular and sometimes occur more and sometimes less.
My HDSPe driver is version 1.28 and Firmware v90.

The installer to firmware version 91 does not work in this operating system apparently.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue, currently am unable to work because of this.

Thank you,

Pessi Levanto
Helsinki, Finland

Re: HDPSe FX Audio Glitches with new Mac

Please disconnect the SSL, connect a headphone to the MADI FX card and check if you still hear glitches on playback. If so try to increase the buffer size to max.

The installer for firmware 91 works on my 10.15.4 computer. What exactly is failing here?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your reply.

If I try headphones, I'm not hearing these glitches. So this would indicate a problem suddenly between the MADI FX card and the SSL, which didn't happen with the old computer. Since these glitches occur infrequently maybe it's not a clocking issue.

Indeed the installer is not working. The icon is covered with a grey "no go" -sign. If I try to click it, it says "HDSPe FX Flash Update must be updated" and that the developer has to update the app so that it works with this MacOS -version.

The current FUT is 127 from February 2019 and had been made compatible to 64 bit already two versions earlier.

http://www.rme-audio.de/download/fut_hdspe_fx_mac.zip

Please try again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay, managed to update the firmware with your link. It's now version 91.

But unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Glitches still persist.