Topic: Loopback Question UFX+ Ableton

I checked the RME Video and tried to configure everything as described.
I run iReal Pro (could be any other audio software I think) and Ableton Live. The iReal Pro output chosen is UFX+.

In TotalMix the iReal Audio arrives at Software Channels AN1/2. I routed it to TotalMix Hardware Outputs AN3/4 where I switched Loopback on in Channel Settings.

In Ableton I created a dedicated Audio Channel (named Loopback) where I set A.from: Ext.in: 3/4 AN and A.out: Master.

When I run iReal Pro, The Loopback Channel and Master Channel (in Ableton) show the signal in the LED Meters, but I can not set the Volume on the Ableton Channels. Even if I turn the Ableton channel volume to zero I can still hear the iReal Pro Audio.

Where is my mistake?

I‘m on a Mid2015 MacBook Pro running all the latest software versions.

UFX+, MacBook Pro 2015, High Sierra, Ableton Live 10, Push 2.

Re: Loopback Question UFX+ Ableton

Even if I turn the Ableton channel volume to zero I can still hear the iReal Pro Audio.

Where do you hear it, on Phones, or monitors? The iReal playback (middle row fader AN 1/2) is routed direct to this output in TotalMix.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Even if I turn the Ableton channel volume to zero I can still hear the iReal Pro Audio.

Where do you hear it, on Phones, or monitors? The iReal playback (middle row fader AN 1/2) is routed direct to this output in TotalMix.

On both headphone outs (PH9/10+PH11/12) and main out/monitors (AN1/2).

So you need to select each submix in turn by clicking the bottom row output fader, then pull down the middle row playback fader for AN 1/2 for each output.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok, so I have to switch everytime to Totalmix when I want to change the volume of the Loopback app? I want to control the Loopback app from within Ableton with the loopback channels fader in Ableton.

Ok, so I have to switch everytime to Totalmix when I want to change the volume of the Loopback app? I want to control the Loopback app from within Ableton with the loopback channels fader in Ableton.