Topic: HDSPe AIO for Linux Fedora

Hi everyone, I'm new, I own a computer with Fedora Linux on board and I would like to buy the RME HDSPe AIO but I do not find enough information on its operation and I would like some clarifications. On Linux is this card working well or not? In case it works, what should I do to enable it after it is installed via PCIe port? Thanks

Re: HDSPe AIO for Linux Fedora

Check ALSA for drivers and details, please

Regards
D. Fuchs
RME Support

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Regards
D. Fuchs
RME Support

Thanks for the answer, I am doing research on the Internet but I have not found certain answers, even if it seems to work well. Alsa's problem is that I can't get in touch with them directly, I've tried several times but I can't find a right channel. I have sent emails but they don't answer me and tell me that I can't contact them that way. I honestly can't get in touch with them as I do with anyone else and this is a bit absurd I would say ...

Hello, in the end I talked to people who assured me that RME AIO works without problems on Linux and so I decided to buy it. Great beautiful card without a doubt, one thing that is wrong is that unfortunately, especially when I upload videos on youtube or in general I move through the graphic icons, you hear a rustle coming from the houses, which disturbs a lot. Can you tell me what it is specifically? Could it be that the graphics card is giving him these problems? I read in other places that there are those who put direct power on the card, just to avoid that by taking power from the PCIe, there may be some problems like this of the background noise ...

MauryG5 wrote:
RME Support wrote:

Regards
D. Fuchs
RME Support

[...]
I honestly can't get in touch with them as I do with anyone else and this is a bit absurd I would say ...

ALSA is an open source project. I am pretty sure that it is documented somewhere how to get in touch with the community.
But don't expect too much in terms of "official support".
I am not sure how your background knowledge is in terms of open source projects.
In most of these projects people develop code and do support in their ** freetime **.

Those people expect YOU to find the proper information in the internet, how to interface with the project.

Most likely you contacted the wrong people and/or in the wrong way.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

MauryG5 wrote:

Hello, in the end I talked to people who assured me that RME AIO works without problems on Linux and so I decided to buy it. Great beautiful card without a doubt, one thing that is wrong is that unfortunately, especially when I upload videos on youtube or in general I move through the graphic icons, you hear a rustle coming from the houses, which disturbs a lot. Can you tell me what it is specifically? Could it be that the graphics card is giving him these problems? I read in other places that there are those who put direct power on the card, just to avoid that by taking power from the PCIe, there may be some problems like this of the background noise ...

If nobody responds quickly you could alternatively search the forum, I think there are some threads about similar issues.
Also a google search could be useful.
Add "site:forum.rme-audio.de" at the end of the search string to narrow google search to the RME user forum.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Well, thanks for the answers. I don't think he's the wrong person to talk to because he just told me that this AIO works well on Linux and that's it. He doesn't have this specific problem so he can't know what's going on. I'll try to hear someone who has some ideas, see if they can tell me something more but I repeat, I think part of the blame could be attributed to the fact that this card doesn't have its own separate power supply...

8 (edited by khz 2021-02-13 11:07:44)

I am the one who had answered him - see here: RME AIO https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph … 99#p116699.
==> More information: https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph … 09#p101909
I think the problem is because he hasn't installed the non-free video driver yet.

Install the non-free drivers of your graphics card from the package manager of your distribution, then the problem should be solved.

Good morning, hello Khz, welcome to the RME forum, the problem fortunately was hardware, I disassembled and reassembled the RME board to check that everything was ok, then I changed the output cable that carries all the connections and I think that's the problem. I haven't tried to put the previous one back on yet, but I think that's the problem. The good thing is that I bought that one separately because I didn't know it was included in the package and I found myself now that probably the extra one I bought has this defect... Thank you all for the information, now the card works perfectly and does its part.