1 (edited by Gosh 2020-04-15 20:04:16)

Topic: Babyface 1st gen 6 different outs to mainout1/2 and phones1/2/3/4

Are many years I use my babyface in my home studio recording and is still hard for me understand something in TotalMixFX. I know that if I click on the slides in Control Room, the Software Playback is different and shows what I Assign to every slide in Control Room.

My hardware configuration is 4 Genelec and a DT990pro.
GENELEC 1/2 are connected to MainOut 1/2 of the whip
GENELEC 3/4 are connected to Phones of the whip
DT990PRO are connected to Phones inside the device

Till now, I menaged to use only 4 different streams, at the same time, but DT990PRO and GENELEC 3/4 share the same streams.

SO THE QUESTION IS:
HOW CAN I CONFIGURE IN TOTALMIXFX TO DO THIS IF POSSIBLE??

Thank u so much... Days and days 4 trying...

P.S.: when I hit left side of my DT990pro I hear left GENELEC 3 like a michrophone, the same if I hit the right side for GENELEC 4. Nothing instead to Genelec 1/2 .Is it normal? Can I do something to avoid this??

P.P.S.: When I rise up and down the electric shutter in the cooking area in the other side of my house the Genelec 3/4 scratch. Genelec 1/2 and DT990pro no. Everything is connected to the same smart power strip. What have I to think? What do u suggest me?

Re: Babyface 1st gen 6 different outs to mainout1/2 and phones1/2/3/4

Use submix mode

Enable submix mode in TM FX
Click to one or more HW outputs (bottom row), then you see the submix for this particular HW Output by simply watching/observing the fader position of
- HW inputs (top row) and
- SW playback channels (middle row)

This routing you can finally save in snapshots.

See manual

- RME Videos, here a video collection in my blog: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

- A Blog Article that I wrote for a nice basic setup: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Gosh 2020-04-15 22:18:53)

ramses wrote:

Use submix mode

Enable submix mode in TM FX
Click to one or more HW outputs (bottom row), then you see the submix for this particular HW Output by simply watching/observing the fader position of
- HW inputs (top row) and
- SW playback channels (middle row)

This routing you can finally save in snapshots.

Thx a lot 4 fast answer... i m trying.. nothing.
So I Total Reset.

Outs 1/2 goes to Genelec 1/2
Outs 3/4 goes to Genelec 3/4
Outs 5/6 is shown but no sound
So DT990pro doesn t play anything in total reset

U can see all this in the video below
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMbj88dDzd1wbnbWA

Thx again

In the Video I can not see the HW output AN 5/6.
And In the manual I can not see, that there are more than 4 analog outputs.
Sorry somebody other has to take over, I do not know this device well enough.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by vinark 2020-04-16 08:07:42)

The babyface has only 4 independent analogue outputs. Phones on the device and the whip are identical. If you need more you need to attach a DA converter to the optical out. Just as an example if you connect a behringer ADA8200 you get 8 extra ins and outs.

Another solution would be to get a passive monitor controller for your 3/4 genelecs. That way you can turn them down when using your headphones

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

ramses wrote:

In the Video I can not see the HW output AN 5/6.
And In the manual I can not see, that there are more than 4 analog outputs.
Sorry somebody other has to take over, I do not know this device well enough.

Thx, you are right, i didn t see this info on the manual,  thx 4 ur support

vinark wrote:

The babyface has only 4 independent analogue outputs. Phones on the device and the whip are identical. If you need more you need to attach a DA converter to the optical out. Just as an example if you connect a behringer ADA8200 you get 8 extra ins and outs.

Another solution would be to get a passive monitor controller for your 3/4 genelecs. That way you can turn them down when using your headphones

This is exactly the answer I need. Super your behringer solution. Thank u so much.