Topic: RME Fireface UC usb - Ableton 9.7.5 Distorsion with audio input

Hello,
I have problems with recording audio in Ableton 9.7.5 with my fireface uc usb.
Drivers are up to date 138, 3.19, i am on Mac os El capitan last version 10.11.6.

Distorsion happens only on audio input, not on other tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/riemen/bug

Here is a recording to give you idea. I have two xlr mics phantom and one mono mic plugged in.

I've seen other similar problems on forums but can't fin any correct solution to my case. Maybe install older driver will do?

Thank you

2 (edited by etienne.desportes 2020-04-17 23:07:36)

Re: RME Fireface UC usb - Ableton 9.7.5 Distorsion with audio input

So after some research, this worked for me. The problem here is Ableton and Mac, not RME. Search for Disable tailspind and spindump. This was causing CPU sudden overload I guess. I can't still not understand why, but it worked. Maybe it will help someone just in case here:

Once SIP is disabled, the steps to disable tailspind and spindump are pretty straightforward. Launch Terminal and type/paste the following  four commands. The first two turn off and render spindump useless, and then the second two do the same for tailspind:

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.spindump.plist

sudo mv /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.spindump.plist /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.spindump.plist.bak

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.tailspind.plist

sudo mv /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.tailspind.plist /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.tailspind.plist.bak