1 (edited by Gantlett 2020-04-18 16:59:39)

Topic: BFP water spill

A bit of an unusual query:

My trusty and lovely BabyFace Pro had a splash of water thrown at it today, luckily when the computer was off. A couple of fat drops on the two left buttons and encoder dial landed on it.

I wiped the water within less than a minute. It didn’t look like anything went in, but I buried the unit in a glass pot with 1.5kg of uncooked rice facing down, closed the lid and stored in the pantry for the next 48 hours to suck any moisture away.

Just wondering if there’s any reason for concern or does this sound like the right thing to do? I’m concerned of course about  any corrosion that may build up in the future, we all know it’s like cancer for electronics...

Thanks in advance!

Re: BFP water spill

The BF Pro is much more robust than a phone...don't worry...but it's not water proof, so don't dive with it wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: BFP water spill

Thanks Matthias!
And thank you and the team for the amazing work over the years, been an RME fan since 2003 when I bought my 9632 and four-input expansion card. I still have both just no computer to plug into sadly, but their quality never ceased to amaze me every time I used them for over 10 years (and I know they still work perfectly!). The BabyFace Pro of course did not disappoint in quality, features, innovation and reliability. Keep up the great work! Erez