Topic: How to connect a smartphone to Fireface UCX?

Hi guys
simply question for you (but not for me).
How can I connect my smartphone to my Fireface UCX? which cable do I need to achieve that? In which input port?
Thank you.

Re: How to connect a smartphone to Fireface UCX?

Never did this, but I see two possibilities.

Either via USB or - if your smartphone has still a phones output - then via analog unbalanced cable.

Depends on what you want to achieve, sadly you didn't detail this ... Do you want your Smartphone to become a recording platform or do you simply want to record sound coming from your Smartphone....

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi ramses
I would like to record sound coming from my smartphone

ramses wrote:

Never did this, but I see two possibilities.

Either via USB or - if your smartphone has still a phones output - then via analog unbalanced cable.

Depends on what you want to achieve, sadly you didn't detail this ... Do you want your Smartphone to become a recording platform or do you simply want to record sound coming from your Smartphone....

And .... does your smartphone have a phones output ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes . It has a stereo output for TRS jack 3,5 mm.
I tried to connect the smartphone with a minijack - jack cable to MIC/LINE input of the RME but the signal was low and distorted.
I tried to connect it with the same cable to the INST line input 3/4. It works over INST input but I read in the manual to not use stereo TRS jacks in that mode.

ramses wrote:

And .... does your smartphone have a phones output ?

6 (edited by ramses 2020-04-19 10:34:16)

You need an Y-Cable "Mini TRS to 2x TS"
The Smartphone output is stereo, your recording interface has mono channels and this is an unbalanced connection.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_cfy_1 … ImVuIn0%3D

Use e.g. AN 3/4 in the front or AN 5/6 IN in the back and take care of proper reference levels, see manual.