Topic: RME Fireface 800 + Win 10 Problem

Hello, can you please help me herwith:
I have the RME Fireface 800 and it has served me very well on Win7  (ASUS M5A99X-EVO-R2.0. + AMD PHENOM II X4 960T).
I have used a FireWire adapter Chipset : TI XIO2213..........
Recently I bought another PC and switched to Win 10 (MSI X399 SLI PLUS + AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X). 
Unfortunatelly after a few minutes in seq the screen freezes, so I need to reset the PC time after time.
I have a installed older drivers and changed slots, tried it in Cubase 10.5 and in Studio One ..... nothing helped ....
Is there anything else to be done for my favorite Fireface 800 to work?

Re: RME Fireface 800 + Win 10 Problem

"I have a installed older drivers and changed slots,"

Are you referring to the Windows Firewire Legacy drivers?  You DO need to install those, but usually you just have latency issues when the standard drivers are installed.
Have you checked to see if there are BIOS updates for your MOBO and checked for video driver updates?
Also, check the Windows Event Viewer after a freeze to see if there are any entries that might tell what's happening.

FireFace800 (D 3.125, fw 2.77) Ryzen9 3950X, 570X Extrm4,  Win10 Prox64 1909, 32Gb DDR4-3600, GTX950

3 (edited by gsmogli 2020-04-27 02:31:42)

All drivers for the motherboard, graphics card and bios have been updated,
but the screen still freezes after a few minutes of working with the RME Fireface 800, so I have to reset my computer.
My FireWire adapter did not come with the driver, so I used a Texas Instruments driver and later Legacy,
however, work is impossible ...
I've never had such problems on Win 7 and the old motherboard.
I took a screenshot when I opened Windows Event Viewer after a freeze.
I think MSI X399 SLI PLUS doesn't like LyCOM PE-107 Dual 800 and Single 400 Firewire Card.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkNHWXt0yjRugy7dcKX … b?e=PtP0lO

I have the same problem with an Exsys EX-16415, error occurs suddenly. nothing was changed on the system and it worked 2 months before without any problems. Manufacturer Exsys could not help so far. According to the repair certificate everything is ok on the card and the RME Fireface was also checked, no errors present.

Did you try different PCIe sockets ?
Did you choose the legacy firewire driver ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I tried it all, it wasn't worth it and in the end I sold Fireface and bought Babyface ...