1 (edited by MisterRider 2020-04-25 04:47:32)

Topic: Best routing set up for multiple Fireface 800s and ADA8200s

Hello all!

I am currently revising my set up of my two fire face 800 interfaces and two Behringer ADA 8200s. I use nearly all of the i/o in my current setup, so I am trying to maximize flexibility in my permanent set up which includes drums and keyboards, versus a few channels left over for session musicians and ever-changing needs.

I would love to hear your advice on how you think I should plug in these four units to achieve maximum flexibility when using total mix as a zero latency monitoring device, versus using the inputs of both fire face is inside my daw (Reaper).

The way I envisioned it is the following:

FF1
  All analog I/O in TotalMix
  Adat1 in/out: ADA8200 1
  Adat2 in/out: ADA8200 2
FF2
  All analog I/O routed internally to FF1 via SPIDF for monitoring in TotalMix

So, I am essentially using the SPDIF as a monitoring bridge between the two devices, because as you probably know, in order to use the zero latency monitoring, you can only use one Totalmixer at a time – unless you have some kind of a physical audio bridge between the two, be that analog, SPDIF or ADAT.

In my mind, the use of the Behringers thru the ADAT ins of FF1 and this SPDIF bridge to monitor FF2 as zero-latency, allows the least confusing workflow.

Let me know what you think!

2 (edited by ramses 2020-04-24 21:12:34)

Re: Best routing set up for multiple Fireface 800s and ADA8200s

What about getting a RayDAT ?
Then you can route the channels of all 4 ADA8200 (not 2800).
If you have two separate FF800 then you have two different instances of TM FX where its not possible to route channels across the recording interfaces / TM FX instances.
If you want better D/A conversion for monitors and phones ?
Integrate a RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE into this solution.

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ort-DE-EN/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13