1 (edited by yuri.hajtko 2020-04-25 20:22:20)

Topic: Babyface Pro FS Ground loop noise in left channel

Hi guys,

Have a ground noise issue and it has been driving me insane and I can't find the source of it. I have both a pro setup with HS5 monitors and audiophile passive setup that I want to use with the FS as well. I have no problems using another D/A converter with the HS5 and my other speakers but with the RME it picks up interference/noise only on the LEFT Channel (from one amplifier). I've tried different power outlets, different USB ports on internal USB card (Matrix Element H). Here is my setup:

Windows 10 desktop machine
Matrix Element H USB (powered by external PSU) -> RME babyface pro FS -> XLR -> Burson Audio Timekeeper amplifiers (1 for each channel) -> Esse Quadro L'Una 177 speakers.

I tried exact same setup with other D/A converter and there was no noise at all. Is the unit defective? I've tried so many different things - powering the babyface with an external PSU and shutting off power from Matrix, putting in power conditioners, without, etc.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Re: Babyface Pro FS Ground loop noise in left channel

Was the other D/A converter also connected to the computer (via USB or otherwise)?

Re: Babyface Pro FS Ground loop noise in left channel

Hi, no it wasn't - the other DAC is connected to a different source (music server).