Topic: HDSPe and TotalMix application start after boot.

I am using a HDSPe AIO with the latest drivers on macOS Catalina on a Mac Pro 2019. HDSpe and TotalMix are started at boot and forced into the dock (probably by the driver), so merely quitting them won't remove the icons from the dock.

How do I stop them from starting at boot? Nothing is in the login items - this is a nasty hack if it is enforced by the driver.

Re: HDSPe and TotalMix application start after boot.

These are needed to initialize the state of the sound card & mixer, you should not stop them from running at startup.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: HDSPe and TotalMix application start after boot.

Jeff wrote:

These are needed to initialize the state of the sound card & mixer, you should not stop them from running at startup.

If the driver cannot initialise the card without the mixer application and relying on an userspace program to kickstart it, then the implementation is somewhat hacky - especially using a gui app to do this.   (saying this as i’ve done my fair share of driver development).
   The fact applications take up space in the dock, is more serious issue for me, as i either disable recent applications, or the rme applications are always shown as the two most recently used ones - its effectively blocks an OS feature from working.
  Looks like i will have to find a new audio output for my Mac Pro 2019.