1 (edited by arnoparigo 2020-04-27 14:37:01)

Topic: Hdspe AES & Windows 10: Driver problem !

Hello,

- Sorry for my bad english, i'm French -

I'm running Windows 10, version 1909, build 18363.778
My RME Hdspe AES Card is under the firmware Rev 11 (FUT 07 12 18)

So, here is the problem:

With the driver 3.3.9.0:

The only way to get sound, is to instal the OLD driver 3.3.9.0 (date of 2014 or something like that !)
It works, BUT i can't change the general volume control of Windows. I've selected the output "Haut Parleur RME HSDPE AES-32" witch is in fact the ouptut 1&2. It's possible to control the volum in the application, for exemple VLC, Foobar, a game or anyother application. But it's not possible to control it by using the global windows volum control.

Another pb is i can't reccord anything with OBS for exemple by selecting the AES 1&2 input: no sound reccorded

With the driver 429 / 430:

No sound, absolutly nothing. I can't select any RME ouptut in windows because none of them are displayed. Windows don't "see" the RME ouptut. BUT, in the device manager, the card is properly detected and active. If i open TotalMix, i can see the input of my micro change: so the card is working, but windows is not able to use it.

Thanks for your help !

Precision: i've just update windows, before i was running a version of 2017, and the driver 430 wasn't OK, but 429 was OK...

Re: Hdspe AES & Windows 10: Driver problem !

Set WDM Devices in the Settings dialog to another setting than 0.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thx a lot, it works ! smile

But i can't reccord anything. Output is OK now, but not the input. I've connected my Lavry ADC with my 2 mic on the 1&2 AES input, i see the volume mooving in the Total Mix consol, hardware input 1&2, but if i select theses inputs in OBS, there is no sound. And also, in the windows setting, behind "reccord device", the volume bar don't moove

I find the solution.

Windows Setting / Privacy / Microphone: enable

Windows...